Friday, October 13, 2017

Scary October: Hermitage Hotel

It's October, which means every Friday, I bring you a new spooky story! This is my scary ghost picture to go with this month's posts:



Opened in 1910, the Hermitage Hotel was the third skyscraper to be built in downtown Nashville. The interior design remains breathtaking to this day, but one thing they won't tell you at check-in is that this upscale hotel is haunted.



The most interesting story involves a crying infant. Legend says that a baby died in the hotel and the baby's spirit remains to this day. The sound happens in Room 912, which once was Room 910. When someone gets up to find the source of the sound, it stops. Sometimes the ghost of a woman is seen trying to soothe the baby.



Guests have also reported seeing a lady in white in different areas of the hotel, as well as a woman dressed in Victorian clothing on the first floor. Others have reported seeing a young girl standing on one of the balconies on the top floor:



Another interesting story involves a mirror in the lobby. Guests have reported seeing a crack form at the top of the mirror, only to mend itself as they watched.

Check out last week's post on The Gray Man. And be sure to come back next week for the next stop on my ghost tour:


18 comments:

  1. In other words, be prepared if you stay there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's in Nashville, yet I've never stayed there. I want to now!

      Delete
  2. That image of the shadow in the basement is totally freaky! I would love to stay in this hotel because it looks so beautiful but also because of the sightings. Will you talk about that toy store that was shown on unsolved mysteries? That totally scared the heck out of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was captured by Ghost Hunters...it's at the Eastern State Penitentiary. It's one of my favorite ghost photos/videos of all time! Can't say for sure it's a ghost, but the camera was just in there, alone, shooting all night, and that's what it picked up.

      Delete
  3. I agree, that first picture is very freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you talking about this a little while back, and now I have the rest of the story. Such an elegant hotel, and these ghosts just sound like they are sad and have no intent to actually scare us, so I would definitely check out this hotel hoping for a ghostly visit. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful hotel. Wish I had at least gone inside for a visit when I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful place.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks an amazing place.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hotel we stay in often in New York just feels like it should be haunted, but I've researched it and there is never anything on it. But it has that creepy vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would be great fun to stay at a haunted hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby crying sounds creepy! I love Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Stephanie ... challenging stories and if something like that happened when I was around ... not sure what I'd do - but it looks a beautiful hotel - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a beautiful hotel. Not sure what the first video is showing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That hotel is so beautiful! I think it would be fun to stay in a haunted hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you already covered this one? https://hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/school-caught-ghost-camera/?utm_campaign=socialflowfacebook&utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had heard the Hermitage Hotel was haunted, but didn't know the specifics. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How interesting. I doubt a person would get a good night sleep here. But what good stuff for a story.

    ReplyDelete