Thursday, July 13, 2017

My Favorite Children's Books: A Guest Post by Beverly Stowe McClure

Today, I welcome a good friend to my blog. Beverly Stowe McClure has a new book out today and to celebrate, she's sharing her eight favorite children's books. Be sure to scroll down after the guest post to read all about HER new book, Princess Breeze.

My Favorite Children's Books
by Beverly Stowe McClure


First, let me say that when I was a child I read very little, mostly only the books I needed for school. Then, when I became an adult and a teacher, I discovered what I’d been missing. Grown- ups can learn too. And I did. 

It’s hard to choose my favorite books because I like so many for various reasons. Here are a few, though, that come to mind, in no particular order.



The Outsiders, S. E. Hinton

The Fault in Our Stars, John Green

Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

A Partner’s Promise, Fran Shaff

Little House on the Prairie, Laura Ingalls Wilder

Orphan Train, Christina Baker Kline

I Heart You, You Haunt Me, Lisa Schroeder

Miracle on 49th Street, Mike Lupica

As you can see, I like a variety, true-to-life and historical my favorites. These are not all of them by any means. And just recently I’ve read many more, some by dear friends, that I can add to the list. But we’ll stop now.





Blurb:

For months, Breeze Brannigan has heard nothing from Cam, the prince she met at school and who disappeared one night, without telling her goodbye. On the night, she graduates from middle school, however, he contacts her and invites her to visit Isla del Fuego, his home. Who could refuse such an invitation? 

Breeze along with her whole family and best friends, Amy and Allison, soon sail to the island, where she and Cam renew their friendship. But danger lurks; a legend comes to life; and Breeze finds herself in the middle of a battle that can have one winner.


Buy Links:



Bio:


Most of the time, you’ll find Award-Winning Author Beverly Stowe McClure at her computer, typing stories young voices whisper in her ears. When she’s not writing, she’s snapping pictures of wildlife, flowers, and clouds. She’s affectionately known as the “Bug Lady.” She’s not telling why. To relax she plays the piano. Her fur babies don’t appreciate good music and hide when she tickles the ivories.

Beverly is a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. She also teaches a women’s Sunday school class at her church.

Author Links:

13 comments:

  1. An interesting list of books with some favorites I remember. Stephanie, thanks for sharing Beverly's story and for being a part of her tour.

    Mason
    MC Book Tours

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of classic books, although I think I only read one of them. Once I was old enough, I transferred to adult fantasy and science fiction.
    Congratulations, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. I guess I"m still a kid at heart because I still read mostly books for children and teens. :)

      Delete
  3. I loved the Little House series as a child. Some of the reading challenges I joined this year are calling for "book you loved as a child," "from your childhood" and other similar prompts. I'm thinking this my night be the one I choose. My library has some of them on audio, so that might be fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series is a good one, Jamie. A great choice.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for hosting Princess Breeze on her tour, Stephanie. We really appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Honored to be a part of it!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on Princess Breeze, Beverly! I have read and loved many of the books on your list, but I haven't read I Heart You, You Haunt Me. Great post on reading and learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tyrean. There are so many great books to read it's hard to choose which ones next.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for introducing us to Princess Breeze. I love Beverly's book list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading the post, retirementreflections. I could list many more. :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats Beverly! Princess Breeze is a very neat title for a book. Really grabs my attention! I'm a fan of The Fault in our Stars and Little Women, as well. I really enjoyed watching Little House on television for years because it was wholesome family fun. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fault in Our Stars is such a touching story, RO, and Little Women is an adorable family, both realistic stories. Glad you like the title Princess Breeze.

      Delete