Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Introducing At First Blush by Beth Ellyn Summer

Today is a big day for me...my new book is out!!! Thank you to the bloggers celebrating with me today:


C.D. Gallant-King
Libby Heily
Literary Rambles

Melissa Ann Paris
Meradeth Houston
Patricia Lynne
Tamara Narayan


I don't celebrate my book birthday alone...another bloggy friend has a new book coming out today, and it's her first book ever.

Beth Ellyn Summer is such an awesome person. She interned for Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Fallon (how cool is that?) and now she's a young adult writer. Today is debut day for her first book ever! It's a Bloomsbury Spark book and the cover is uber-fun! Scroll down to read all about it and buy your copy.





Blurb:

Who would have thought that a teenager could have a successful career creating makeup tutorial videos on YouTube? For Lacey Robbins, this dream has been her reality. An up-and-coming YouTuber, she has thousands of fans and can't wait for the day when her subscriber count reaches the one million mark. And when she is offered a high school internship at On Trend Magazine, she figures that this could be the make it or break it moment.

But sometimes your dream job isn't all that it seems. Her editor is only interested in promoting junk products, and her boss in the Hair and Makeup department introduces her to the larger world of makeup artistry, making her wonder if making tutorials online is all she is meant to do. To top it all off, when the magazine's feature subject, musician Tyler Lance, turns his broodingly handsome smile her way, falling for him could mean losing her fans, forcing her to make a decision: her YouTube life or her real life?


Fans of Zoella's GIRL ONLINE will fall right into the world of this YA DEVIL WEARS PRADA and stay hooked from the first blush to the last glossy kiss.

Add it on Goodreads.


Buy Links:

Amazon | B&N Apple Kobo Google Play Bloomsbury

Bio:


Beth Ellyn Summer writes contemporary young adult fiction that somehow always includes the following elements: fame, makeup, and television. She graduated from Long Island University with a degree in Print and Electronic Journalism. Interning for Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Fallon was the highlight of her college years. When she's not writing, Beth can be found swatching eyeshadows, solving Wheel of Fortune puzzles, and playing with her adorable cat, Penny Belle. Beth lives on Long Island in a cookie cutter town that, in an ironic twist of fate, doesn't have a single decent bakery.

Links:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of you! Beth Ellyn's book has been on the horizon of coming soon for so long. Both of you enjoy today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been waiting and waiting to tell y'all about Beth Ellyn's book. I'm SO excited it's finally happening for her. Couldn't have happened to a better person!

      Delete
  2. I also gave Piper's new book a shout out today on my blog. (Apologies for the shady company she has on this post!)

    Congrats to Beth as well. Sounds like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, maybe that'll draw more readers. People like "shady." I added yours. I had to take my dog to the vet for surgery first thing, so I was a little behind on things this morning!

      Delete
  3. Congrats to both of you! Could Lacey be a slightly grown up version of Piper Morgan? Maybe if her mom goes to work at the magazine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She could be. Very astute observation!

      Delete
  4. Stephanie!!!! Hugs!!!!! You're the absolute best! Can you believe we ended up sharing a book birthday after all??? I love it!! Happiest of book birthdays to you and Piper today, from me and Lacey!! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking--wait...we were supposed to share a birthday with one of the earlier Piper Morgans. Isn't that hilarious?!!!

      Delete
  5. Yay for both of you! Piper looks adorable as always, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Lucy's illustrations. I follow her on Twitter and everything she does is that adorable.

      Delete
  6. Congrats to you both!! Your brand has come a long way Stephanie.

    Wish you the best as well, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never stop to think about my brand...I know when I send my freelance clients to my website, they're probably 100% confused about what all this stuff is. Especially if I use one of my true crime posts on THIS BLOG to try to land true crime writing work.

      Delete
    2. You can always split your crime content from your Piper brand and create another blog, etc. I don't find any confusion, but I was around since before the crime mystery Mondays. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Stephanie and Beth - congratulations to you both ... and as for Lucy's illustrations of Piper - they entice us in too ... cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/c-is-for-cattle-and-cow-cooper.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Stephanie and Beth!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Book Birthday to you and Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to the both of you!!!! Yeh!!!!

    ReplyDelete