Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Introducing Black Flowers, White Lies by Yvonne Ventresca

I've been excited to read today's book since I first saw the cover. How can you resist this beauty?




Today is release day for Black Flowers, White Lies by my new friend Yvonne Ventresca. Best of all, I get to help her celebrate!!! Scroll down to read all about it and buy your own copy.


Blurb:

Her father died before she was born, but Ella Benton knows they have a special connection. Now, evidence points to his death in a psychiatric hospital, not a car accident as Mom claimed. After a lifetime of just the two of them, Mom suddenly feels like a stranger.

When a handprint much like the one Ella left on her father’s tombstone mysteriously appears on the bathroom mirror, at first she wonders if Dad is warning her of danger as he did once before. If it’s not a warning, could her new too-good-to-be-true boyfriend be responsible for the strange occurrences? Or maybe it’s the grieving building superintendent whose dead daughter strongly resembles Ella? As the unexplained events become more frequent and more sinister, Ella becomes terrified about who--or what--might harm her.

Soon the evidence points to someone else entirely: Ella herself. What if, like her father, she’s suffering from a breakdown? Ella desperately needs to find answers, no matter how disturbing the truth might be.


Buy Links:


Bio:


Yvonne's debut YA novel, PANDEMIC, won a 2015 Crystal Kite Award from the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. In PANDEMIC, a teen struggles to survive not only a deadly outbreak and its real-life consequences, but also her own personal demons. Ventresca's other works include the short story “Escape to Orange Blossom,” which was selected for the dystopian anthology PREP FOR DOOM, along with two nonfiction books, PUBLISHING (Careers for the 21st Century) and AVRIL LAVIGNE (People in the News).

Besides writing, she enjoys learning Isshinryu karate, which she has studied for the last ten years. You can visit her website at YvonneVentresca.com.

Links:

37 comments:

  1. Saw this on another site - sounds creepy and intense. Congratulations, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne's for sure making the rounds on this one!

      Delete
    2. Alex -- we frequent the same blogs. Small online world!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Now I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! It's on my list for the month's reads.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Jamie! And Stephanie, I am honored.

      Delete
  3. Great title and I love the cover. This sounds like my kind of story. Congratulations Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie and Stephanie! The cover designer, Sarah Brody, deserves all the credit.

      Delete
  4. This is a very fresh look into YA fiction. Very creepy and sinister. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love creepy and sinister. :)
      Thanks, Diane!

      Delete
  5. That's a great title.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janie! It was originally called "In the Dark" but there are multiple books with that title, so this felt more unique.

      Yvonne V

      Delete
  6. cool cover and sounds like an intriguing YA read. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. Lots of cross-posting this week to celebrate!

      Yvonne V

      Delete
  8. Liking the sound of this and what an amazing cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy -- thank you! The Sky Pony Press designer did a great job with the cover.

      Yvonne V

      Delete
  9. Sounds so scary, I bet the kids will eat it up this Halloween. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. I was excited to learn about the October release date for just that reason!

      Yvonne V

      Delete
  10. oooh, I love the sound of this! Perfect for this time of year, and that cover is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephanie, thank you so much for featuring this today. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, another spooky read just in time for Halloween. Sounds like a keeper.

    Waving to my pal Stephanie:)

    Oops. Excuse the remove, had a pesky comma I didn't need...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Already purchased and downloaded to my Kindle! I've been eagerly awaiting this one!

    I want to save it for this weekend, when I'm traveling. I've got two nights in a hotel room, and a good book can make the time pass faster. But I'm tempted to start it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover is gorgeous. The story sounds great.
    Congratulations, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read about this on another blog yesterday and I really liked the cover and concept. I meant to buy the Kindle version then and I got busy doing something else. I'm glad I'm reading about Black Flowers White Lies again on your site, because I'm headed straight to Amazon after this comment. It's such an intriguing, ominous, plot and I'm in love with the title.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds fantastic, I love books of this genre, anything creepy and I'm there :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my favorite kinds of books, too, Rosy!

      Delete
  18. sounds amazing ,i always loved such mystery stories .hope can find it here around

    ReplyDelete