Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Introducing Lucy Get Your Gun by Valerie Capps

Valerie Capps (otherwise known as my mom!) is hosting her very first blog tour and she's looking for new bloggy friends. Her new book is debuting Friday--it's part four in a series, but each story is good on its own. If you'd like to sign up for the blog tour, click here. (And scroll down past the image of the form to read all about her new book!)




Lucy Get Your Gun:



Note: This is not a violent story.





Blurb:

It was a different time. Somewhere between the taming of the wild west in the 19th century and the insane indiscriminate violence of the 21st century. People like to think it was a time of innocence. In some ways perhaps it was, but there was evil lurking about in the shadows back then as well. Not everyone lived a "Leave it to Beaver" existence. People in rural areas often had to depend on their own resources. It was a world before 911. A world where sometimes people had to stand firm and protect their own. That was where 10-year- old Lucy Rhys found herself one day in the summer of 1959. A day of reckoning so to speak. A day when she found herself caught between a child and an adult and had to make a life or death decision that would determine the fate of her family.

Bio:

Valerie Capps is a freelance writer and author. Her short stories and articles have appeared in various magazines and newsletters with world-wide circulation. Valerie's latest project is a series of short stories with a paranormal theme set in a mid-twentieth century town called Proctor Hollow. The first four books in the Proctor Hollow series, The Holler Witch, Incident at the Diner, Encounter on a Deserted Highway, and Lucy Get Your Gun, are available on Amazon.com. Valerie lives in Nashville, Tennessee, with her husband and their Welsh Corgi.Visit her blog at www.valeriecapps.com.





Links:

29 comments:

  1. Her fourth book already? That is very cool. She's keeping up with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right--she is, Alex!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. No way I'll ever catch up with Stephanie Alex! She is much more prolific than I'll ever be. I'm trying to follow in her footsteps. Lucy Get Your Gun is the fourth in a series of Proctor Hollow short-story/quick-read books released through Amazon.com. IWSG gave me the courage to come out from behind my ghost-writing and put my own name to some of my work. Thank you and the IWSG members for that gift!

      Delete
  2. This sounds good to me! Signed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your mom! Love the blurb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Valerie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fourth book wonderful. Congratulations to Valerie. The book sounds interesting.

    Thoughts in Progress
    and MC Book Tours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mason! FYI: Lucy Get Your Gun is the fourth in a series of Proctor Hollow short story/quick read books released through Amazon.com.

      Delete
  6. I did not know she is your mom. I'm already hosting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Valerie! I love everything about this book already and am mentally making room on my shelf for the other three as I write this ;-)
    Stephanie, you must be so proud! Having another writer in the family surely must have its advantages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diedre! I'm the one who's proud of Stephanie! Her tenacity has been a great inspiration for me. Lucy Get Your Gun is the fourth in a series of Proctor Hollow short-story/quick-read ebooks released through Amazon.com. It just needs a tiny little space. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Aww! I give full credit to great genes for my writing ability.

      Delete
  8. I didn't know this was your mom either. Way cool.

    I was nine years old in 1959. Just saying.

    Congratulations to Valerie.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandee! Editors tell me there's no interest in that time period, but I disagree. I just need to find an audience.

      Delete
    2. I've always been fascinated with the 50s and I've found throughout my life that many others are. Even young people have told me they're fascinated with the 50s.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Please don't call the fire department. ;-)

      Delete
  10. This is so cool! I love that you share something like this with your mom. Signing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful Meradeth! We never run out of things to talk about. We sometimes get strange looks from people in restaurants who must think we are plotting something nefarious. They are probably debating if they should report us to the police...

      Delete
  11. quite a variety of stories between you and your mother. Kudos and congrats all around. The Proctor Hollow series sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  12. I signed up. I hope it's not too late. If I get it tonight I can post tomorrow. I look forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete