Monday, July 25, 2016

Introducing the Proctor Hollow Series by Valerie Capps

Today I have a very special book release to tell you about. A very talented author has just released two new exciting short stories that are part of the same larger series. Best of all, they're only $.99 each! Valerie Capps already released the first book in the series, The Holler Witch, last year. Scroll down to read about the next two stories in the series.


Encounter on a Deserted Highway
:







Blurb:

Seven-year-old Lucy Rhys has a special gift and a powerful talisman she received from her grandmother. One summer day in 1956 Lucy and her father met a mysterious man that changed their lives forever. Was the chance meeting a simple coincidence, an angel unaware, or could it have been a benevolent spirit conjured by Lucy’s wishful thinking with a little help from a magic medallion and her dead grandmother?

Incident at the Diner:




Blurb:

The afternoon seven-year-old Lucy Rhys boldly confronted Harvey Jacobs, the town folks silently cheered the child's courage. But many were also concerned for Lucy's safety. Lucy made a fearsome enemy that day. Everyone in Proctor Hollow knew the fact that she was just a child would make no difference to the town bully. But Lucy was oblivious to the danger--or was she?


Bio:

Valerie Capps is a freelance writer. Her short stories and articles have appeared in magazines and newsletters with world-wide circulation. Her latest endeavor is a series of short stories set in a fictional mid-twentieth century small town called Proctor Hollow. The tales are individually published on Amazon as Kindle e-books. Valerie lives in Nashville, Tennessee, with her husband. Visit her blog at www.valeriecapps.com.





Links:




Still time to sign up for my Piper Morgan blog tour. I ran out of August dates, so I added some in September.


Powered by 123ContactForm | Report abuse

33 comments:

  1. Congratulations on two new books, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun reads. Congratulations, Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I sign up for September? I know we emailed but I don't know if I'm officially down for a Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these definitely sound interesting. This is my first time hearing of them- so thanks for sharing! :) I hope Lucy will be okay!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you decide to check in on Lucy to see how she is doing. ;-)

      Delete
  5. congrats to Valerie. I like the covers and very cool to be a series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your latest books, Valerie. Lucy sounds like a brave girl, and the covers hint at something mysterious. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both sound like fun reads.

    Have a fabulous day Stephanie. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound great. Thanks for featuring them today. Now where is that Kindle of mine?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info! Reading a short story can be so much more manageable than a novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good novel, but short stories fit so much better in my busy life. They are great for passing the time in those doctor & dentist waiting rooms! With Kindle on my iPhone, I always have a few with me.

      Delete
  10. These stories sound terrific! I know I'm going to enjoy them immensely. Write On, Valerie!
    Excellent share, Stephanie. But then, you knew I'd say that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of great reads - from both Valerie and you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tyrean! Stephanie is the greatest!

      Delete
  12. I'm going to echo Kelly, Steph, I signed up didn't I? Seems like I left my blog comment there as well. Shaking head.
    Valerie, this sound like a great series. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, sounds like an interesting character.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like Lucy Rhys is someone to be cautious around. She attracts the unknown. The stories sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to Valerie. These sound interesting.

    I look forward to your blog tour.

    ReplyDelete