Sunday, May 01, 2016

Cover Reveal: A Love That Disturbs by Medeia Sharif

A to Z is officially over and I can now go back to regular blogging. I'm kicking off May with a little support to one of my favorite bloggers, who also happens to be a kick-butt author, Medeia Sharif.

Today we're revealing Medeia's new, steamy cover. The book, A Love That Disturbs, comes out June 17th, but you can add it to your Goodreads to-read list now. Here's the hot cover. Scroll down to learn more about it.





Blurb:

Maysa Mazari is alarmed by her mother’s talk about arranged marriage. Meanwhile, as a hijab-wearing Pakistani-American, she wants to find love on her own. Her judgmental Muslim clique has protected her from racist taunts, although the leader, Aamal, is turning on her as Maysa strays from the group because of her attraction to Haydee.

Haydee Gomez is a former gang member and juvenile detention student. Now living with a clean-cut aunt, she wants to turn her life around, even though one person will never let her forget her roots—Rafe, her abusive pimp. Haydee attempts to pull away from a life of prostitution when she develops feelings for Maysa, although Rafe isn’t willing to give her up too easily. 

Finding themselves in danger from Maysa’s friends and Haydee’s pimp, it’s apparent their love disturbs everyone around them as they fight to stay together.

Bio:

I was born in New York City and I presently call Miami my home. I received my master’s degree in psychology from Florida Atlantic University. After becoming a voracious reader in high school and a relentless writer dabbling in many genres in college, I found my niche writing for young people. Today I'm a MG and YA writer published through various presses. In addition to being a writer, I'm a public school teacher. My memberships include Mensa, ALAN, and SCBWI.


Links:

21 comments:

  1. Congrats to Medeia for her beautiful new book. Lots of luck. Hi, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover. Very nicely done and fits with the title perfectly.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressed that you're already blogging the day after the challenge ended :-)

    Very intriguing cover. Looks like it would be a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this one was easy--the author provides most of it! Tomorrow's is my best books of the month post--and I just write each review up after I read the book, so all I had to do on that one was make sure it was ready to go!

      Delete
  5. very hot cover. Good luck to her and her book

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Medeia's writing and this does look and sound intriuing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good, Medeia. Kudos.

    Happy Sunday, Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good cover. Not sure I would enjoy the book though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your A-Z was awesome--I loved the posts I was able to catch :) And congrats to Medeia, I'm really looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meradeth! I had a blast. I just wrote another mystery up for later this month, so I'm going to try to at least occasionally feature some mysteries.

      Delete
  10. Congrats on completing the A to Z challenge! And this is an interesting book, the cover matches the title.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge congratulations to Medeia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing my cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for including me in your tour. Can't wait to read both of your new books!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations to Medeia. Love the cover and the book sounds awesome. Wishing her much success.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Medeia and those ladies in the novel have the odds stacked pretty high.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely a sexy cover! Congrats, Medeia, on this upcoming release and best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete