Thursday, March 17, 2016

Introducing Under a Purple Moon by Beverly Stowe McClure

Purple is one of my favorite colors, so I knew I'd love the cover for this one from Beverly Stowe McClure the second I heard the title. We're celebrating the release of Under a Purple Moon. Here's the cover. Scroll down to read all about it!





Blurb:

No Love in the Garden of Eden...

Eden Rose has learned to deal with her mother’s criticism that she can do nothing right. What she can’t deal with are the arguments between her parents. To escape their angry words, she finds refuge in an old abandoned house. She always returns home, hoping her mother will love her one day, even though Eden’s not sure what the word love means. 

Three other teens with problems also hang out at the Old House. Meeting Murphy, Toby, and Josh changes Eden’s world, and she begins to have faith in herself. Perhaps she can do something right, after all. 

Thanks to the boys, she begins to understand the meaning of love. But will it be enough to save her broken home life?

Bio:

Most of the time, you’ll find Beverly Stowe McClure at her computer, typing stories little voices whisper in her ears. When she’s not writing, she’s snapping pictures of wildlife, flowers and clouds. To relax, she plays the piano. Her cats don’t appreciate good music and hide when she tickles the ivories. Beverly is a member of the SCBWI and teaches a women’s Sunday school class at her church. She’s sometimes known as the “Bug Lady.” She’s not telling why.




Author Links:


Buy Links:

Nook | Kobo | Amazon Amazon UK iTunes

33 comments:

  1. I know that author! Congratulations, Beverly. Welcome to the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. Happy to be one of the family.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations and happy launching of your new book Beverly. I love that cover too. I'm sure many teens will identify with this book. Wishing you great success.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. I hope teens will maybe see that they're not alone with their problems.

      Delete
  3. This looks like a good one. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Beverly. Sounds like a great story. Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. I think the cover is great too.

      Delete
  5. It sounds really great! Who doesn't love purple?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patty. Purple is a good color. Not many book covers are purple though.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for featuring me today, Stephanie. Purple is a lovely color and the illustrator caught the feeling of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for including me in your tour. I just started reading your book today and it's already pulled me in!

      Delete
    2. I'm happy and honored to be your guest today, Stephanie. That's good to hear. I hope you enjoy the story.

      Delete
  7. Congrats to Beverly! I love that cover—big fan of purple, too! And the story sounds like an incredibly emotional journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristin. Purple seems to be a popular color. :) I think the story has a lot of truth about the lives of many teens today.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great read. I came from that kind of home except it was my father. I cringe thinking back at times.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad that you experienced a broken home, Sandee, and that so many young people live in similar circumstances. I hope you have pleasant memories too.

      Delete
  9. That is a great cover. It sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz. The illustrator did a fantastic job.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations Beverly. Wonderful title, intriguing premise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elephant's Child. I enjoyed writing the story.

      Delete
  11. Oooh. How pretty. Best of luck to Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like the cover, Elizabeth. Thanks.

      Delete
  12. Congrats on the book! Love the cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MilitaryPugWife. (Love your name.) I think the illustrator created a beautiful scene.

      Delete
  13. Congrats, Beverly. This sounds like a keeper.

    Hey, Steph:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra. I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  14. Harsh words from parents can leave long-term damages, and it sometimes has got nothing to do with toughening up. I feel for the MC, Eden, and am glad she found people who 'nourished' her life more than her family did. Sounds like a great story from Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Claudine. Best friends can be awesome. Thank you.

      Delete
  15. I love visiting Beverly's blog and I am so happy to see her book here today. Purple is such a beautiful cover! Such a great title for a book. This sounds like a wonderful book. Wishing Beverly the best of luck!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess. I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  16. This sounds like another super book for young readers. Love the title and the cover. Love purple! Congratulations, Beverly and thanks Stephanie for hosting her today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, C. Lee. Purple seems to be a popular color.

      Delete