Monday, February 22, 2016

Piper Morgan to the Rescue Cover Reveal: Day One

Today I'm doing a super-exciting cover reveal across the blogosphere, as well as on social media. Piper Morgan to the Rescue is Book #3 in a four-book chapter book series from Simon & Schuster's Aladdin line. You can pre-order it now...or add it to your Goodreads to-read list.

Here's my fun new cover!




As you can see, dogs are a huge part of Piper Morgan to the Rescue. So my first guest post today is at Beth Ellyn Summer's blog, where I discuss these little fellas:



One of the best things about a blog tour is getting to talk about my writing process. Dianne Salerni, author of books for HarperCollins, Clarion, and Sourcebooks, interviewed me and asked some amazing questions! Check it out here.

Have you ever noticed that dogs are extremely popular in children's books? I break down why I personally think they are in a post on Karen Walker's blog.

To get inspired to write the Piper Morgan series, I spent hours reading chapter books. Which author do you think inspired me the most? I'll give you a hint: her series was about another spunky elementary school student. Read all about it at Meradeth Houston's blog.



Over the course of my career, I've written books with main characters between the ages of eight and thirty-five. What's the difference between these age groups? I discuss it in a guest post at Beverly Stowe McClure's blog.

As a full-time freelance writer, chapter book novelist, and middle grade novelist, I have to be able to work on more than one project at a time. What have I learned from doing this? I tell you all about it at Sheena-Kay Graham's blog.

Writing a book can be overwhelming. So many words to get to the end. I offer a couple of tips to help on J.A. Scott's blog.

I'm giving away a super-exclusive advanced copy of Piper Morgan Joins the Circus. Check out the fun illustrations inside! 





Here's the giveaway box. I'll announce the winner the first week of March.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

35 comments:

  1. Great cover! And wow, you are all over the place today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alex! My blogging friends are the BEST. :-)

      Delete
  2. Your books are adorable! I am a bit jealous...I write dog books but nonfiction gift books..nothing this cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to do more dog books. I wrote a piece for Netributor about the evolution of dogs not long ago and it was fun to learn about them in a nonfiction way, too!

      Delete
  3. I seriously wish I had your books to read when I was a kid--I'd have devoured them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Beth Ellyn. I grew up slightly before the Sweet Valley High books (they came out when I was in high school, when I had to read them in secret because they were for tweens). We did have First Love from Silhouette and, of course, Nancy Drew...but kids today have SO many great reading options.

      Delete
  4. Congrats, Stephanie!
    The cover is eye-catching and gorgeous. Looks like you did some interesting blog posts to companion the reveal, too. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exhausting but fun, as always! I feel like guest posts keep readers from getting bored by just looking at my cover all day. Bleh. So I tried to do some informative stuff that people would be interested in reading and maybe even learn something from?

      Delete
  5. Lot's of great fun and helpful tips included today. Thanks for guest blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeffrey! My blogging friends are the BEST!

      Delete
  6. What a fun cover. And those three puppies. Awww.

    I'm linking you to Awww Mondays too.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cover and I love dogs. I'm going to read the book. You're never too old. When I taught my one English class, the rest of my classes were science and math, a good topic to get students writing was my pet. It was almost as prolific as what I did as a baby. I'll have to check out all those blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we're never too old. Thanks, Ann!

      Delete
  8. Can't wait till Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, either! Hope that email helped yesterday. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Yes, thanks for the email.

      Delete
  9. You've sure been busy!
    The cover is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover is great. And the puppies are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Steph and I love that you have been able to manage different writing hats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is SUCH an endearing cover. You are so very busy - I hope you have a heap of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO many great posts! You've been busy :) Congrats on your awesome covers!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats, 'tis a lovely cover!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cover, good luck with the release! Thanks for all the links.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Stephanie, wow, have you cloned yourself? Fun having you on my blog today. I love your cover.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable cover! Congratulations on what is sure to be a delightful book :-)
    You have quite a compelling marketing campaign going on, the trick to that would be an excellent topic for a post someday (after you're rich and famous, that is;-))

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cover is adorable, and a book with dogs in it is sure to be popular with young readers (and older readers too.)Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool lovely cover. Wiĺl let my friend know . She have a daughter just the right age for this book

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the cover! It's adorable.

    Your blogging schedule is intense! Good for you to be able to write so many posts. I'll check out as many as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for your new book. I love seeing dogs and cats in books.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your new book is a winner. Such a cute cover and I just love the illustrations. I don't know how you do it all. You're a busy girl staying connected with everyone.You're amazing.
    Keep up the good work.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete