Meradeth's book, An Absence of Light, is now available in eBook and paperback.
From the first page, Meradeth grabs you with her powerful, intense storytelling. When Leah's entire family is killed, she has to go on the run, but there's no escaping the shadows. They've haunted her throughout her life, but while on the road, she meets two people who also see the creatures. Working with them, she works hard to find a way to get rid of the creatures before they can kill anyone else. The story draws you in and doesn't let you go but what really resonated with me was Leah. Meradeth created a character with depth, giving us a kick-butt character with just enough vulnerability to make us fall in love with her.
Scroll down to read more about Meradeth's book, which you can buy here.
Leah’s always seen the shadow creatures. She thought she was immune to their evil—until now.
She’s walked into a massacre, stolen a BMW, and is running from the law for a crime she didn’t commit. Nineteen-year-old Leah’s life just went from mildly abnormal to totally crazy at lightning speed. But no one will believe that the shadow creatures are framing her for the murder, because she’s the only one that can see them. At least that’s what she thought.
When Leah stumbles across a group who share her ability, she discovers they have something she doesn’t: a way to fight back. When the group offers to teach her how to kill the shadow creatures, Leah jumps at the chance. But something is brewing with the creatures. They’re tracking down the hunters like there’s no tomorrow. Leah suspects that maybe there won’t be, and it’s up to her to make sure tomorrow comes. Because she’ll do anything to stop the shadows, including risking her life—and the life of the one she loves—to keep the world from being lost to darkness forever.
I've never been a big fan of talking about myself, but if you really want to know, here are some random tidbits about me:
- I'm a California girl. This generally means I talk too fast and use "like" a lot.
- I have my doctorate in molecular anthropology. Translation: I sequence dead people's DNA and spend a whole lot of time in a lab, which I love.
- I've been writing since I was 11 years old. It's my hobby, my passion, and I'm so happy to get to share my work!
- My other passion is teaching. There's nothing more fun than getting a classroom of college kids fired up about anthropology!
- If I could have a super-power, it would totally be flying. Which is a little strange, because I'm terrified of heights.