Tuesday, September 08, 2015

My Publishing Journey: Guest Post by Murees Dupé

I'm so excited to welcome Murees Dupé to my blog today. Murees is celebrating the release of her first book--a nail-biting time for any author! She's sharing her own publishing journey with us today. Be sure to scroll down and learn all about her new book after you read the guest post!
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Publishing Journey
by Murees Dupé

Like most writers I started off pursuing traditional publishing. I reworked my novel many times, over and over. I crafted various query letters and received many rejection letters. Needless to say, I didn’t get a dream agent, nor did I acquire a big publishing deal, even though I devoted more than 4 years to that goal. Turns out, traditional publishing wasn’t right for me. 

Instead, I opted for the self-publishing route. Even though I found the prospect daunting and even harder work than the above scenario, but it was a better fit. The most important part was that I was enjoying each phase of self-publishing. Yes, I was tired and at sometimes broke, but for me, it was all worth it. Every step I took brought me closer to a finished product that I loved. 

Today I can honestly say that my dream has come true. I have published a book and I feel so blessed. Thanks to my family, fellow bloggers and an excellent editor and cover designer, I am enjoying my dream. I struggled in the beginning and my journey was definitely not easy. But I wouldn’t change it for anything. Those difficulties made me who I am today. 





Blurb:

Claire is sassy, human, and an outcast of society―who only wants to know where she belongs. 

Alex is arrogant, selfish, and an immortal warrior―who thinks he’s prepared for everything. 

Claire knows the world of immortals is where she belongs. As her guide and guardian, Alex finds it hard to resist Claire’s subtle charm. Can the two overcome their differences and embrace their passion for each other, or will the possibility of true love be lost to both forever?

Pick up a copy here!

Bio:

Murees Dupé was born and still lives in South Africa. When she is not thinking up new stories, she is spending time with her family, playing with her three dogs and cat, watching TV, or overindulging on desserts. To learn more about Murees, visit her website www.mureesdupe.com.





Contact info:

Website | Blog | Twitter | Amazon | Nook | Kobo

51 comments:

  1. Murees rocks! Big congratulations to her. And she has an Alex in her book - double bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Alex is a great name for a character!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much, Stephanie. It's an honor to have been mentioned on your blog:) You are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first book Murees... I hope there are many more to come ♡ I like that you persevered xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling there will be many more to come.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your first book, always awesome indeed. Yeah, self publishing and broke can go hand in hand hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patt. Now I know how much it costs to self-publish:)

      Delete
    2. I didn't realize how expensive it could be. I guess the cost of the software and book cover design?

      Delete
    3. I spent the most for editing, but that's because my editor lives in the USA and the South African Rand is really weak. But I don't regret it. My editor is amazing.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! It's wonderful that you enjoyed the self-publishing process. And I like the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like being in control, and self-publishing gave me that. My cover designer, Jennie Bennett deserves all the credit:)

      Delete
    2. She did a great job. It's a beautiful cover!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the publishing of your first book Murees. I admire your perseverance and hard work. Wishing you every success in the future. Your book kinds of reminds me and my husband, we are so very different people yet we've been together for almost 50 years despite our huge differences. Maybe it's possible for these two characters also.

    Rock on,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Julie. What you and your husband have is a beautiful thing. I can only wish to have a fraction of that kind of love one day:) Beautiful.

      Delete
  7. What a great accomplishment, Murees. Good for you for hanging in there and finding what was just right for you. Congratulations and best of luck. Fascinating cover too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are very kind:)

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the book Murees! Sounds interesting! Also good that you continued to pursue what you wanted to do with getting a book published and went about working on it until you did!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the introduction to Murees. Loving the cover of her book and of course its always interesting to read of an authors road to publication.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are fantastic and so supportive of other authors. That really rocks.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your first work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your publishing dreams coming true Murees.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huge congratulations to Muree. I am so glad that she worked to make her dream come true. And hope she continues to dream.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Murees because getting a book published is a feat unto itself from what I have read. The cover is great and eye catching. You have accomplished much and should be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Birgit! I still can't believe I did it, but I am very happy.

      Delete
  15. I am so happy for Muree...congratulations!!! I hope everything continues to go well for her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy for Muree...congratulations!!! I hope everything continues to go well for her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Cover Murees. Congrats!!!! Your book sounds amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats, Murees! I love hearing about everyone's different journeys!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Murees!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats. Self publishing is a tough route, but some books just need to go that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Very true. I definitely felt like that.

      Delete
  21. Congrats. I do like hearing about new to me books.

    ReplyDelete
  22. we do always approve of green gowns :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I definitely like the green:)

      Delete
  23. love the cove and for sure the book is captivating as well..congratulations for the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like you have finally reached your goals! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete