Friday, March 06, 2015

Trailer Reveal for The Darkness Within by Kelly Hashway

Today I'm doing something I've never done before. I'm hosting a trailer reveal on my blog! The trailer is for the upcoming sequel to The Monster Within by my blogging friend Kelly Hashway.



The sequel is called The Darkness Within and here's the beautiful cover:



Read more about the book below the trailer. And don't forget to pre-order it on Amazon to be first in line to get it when it launches on June 2!

And now...the trailer for The Darkness Within:





Blurb: After dying of cancer at seventeen and being brought back to life by an evil witch who turned her into a monster, Samantha Thompson thinks she's finally gotten past all the tragedy in her life. Now she's part of a coven of good witches who are helping her and her boyfriend, Ethan Anderson, learn to use the powers they received from other witches. Aside from the fact that Sam and Ethan are still in hiding from their old lives--the ones they had before Sam was brought back to life--things couldn't be better. Sam and Ethan are inseparable. What could go wrong? 

Magic. 

Ethan's magic came from a witch who'd turned as evil as possible, and though his coven thought he'd be fine, the more he uses his magic, the stranger he starts acting. The magic inside him is changing who he is. One minute he's Sam's sweet, perfect Ethan and the next, he's a complete stranger. Even with all her witchy power, Sam is helpless against the magic corrupting Ethan. Can Sam find out what's wrong with him before she loses him to dark magic forever?

Title: The Darkness Within (The Monster Within #2)
Author: Kelly Hashway
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
ISBN:  9781633920217
Release Date: 6/2/2015
Formats: Paper, e-book 


Bio:

Kelly Hashway grew up reading R.L. Stein’s Fear Street novels and writing stories of her own, so it was no surprise to her family when she majored in English and later obtained a masters degree in English Secondary Education from East Stroudsburg University. After teaching middle school language arts for seven years, Hashway went back to school and focused specifically on writing. She is now the author of three young adult series, one middle grade series, and several picture books. She also writes contemporary romance under the pen name Ashelyn Drake. When she isn’t writing, Hashway works as a freelance editor for small presses as well as for her own list of clients. In her spare time, she enjoys running, traveling, and volunteering with the PTO. Hashway currently resides in Pennsylvania with her husband, daughter, and two pets. Hashway is represented by Sarah Negovetich of Corvisiero Literary Agency. 

Links:

45 comments:

  1. Just caught it on another blog - very creepy music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the music--it reminds me of the movies that terrified me when I was a teenager!

      Delete
  2. I got chills all over my body just listening to the video. Sounds like a scary read before bed time. I'm sure it would make a great movie.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't read scary books before bedtime. Or watch Criminal Minds. Only in broad daylight.

      Delete
  3. Love it!

    The music is very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got The Monster Within and I'm going to try to read it soon, but I have other books that need to be read yesterday. Haha! Congrats, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! How can we possibly ever read all these books. I'm shooting for five a month and even that isn't enough to get around to everyone as quickly as I'd like.

      Delete
  5. too creepy for my wimpy self!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the tolerance for scary movies that I had when I was younger. Not sure why that goes away!

      Delete
  6. Great trailer indeed, the music is nice and eerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the second blog that addressed Kelly's book and I have to say it sounds like a winner! I foresee a great series...

    Best of luck, Kelly! Thanks, Stephanie, and have a good (warm) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stumbled upon it at Medeia's blog. I have a feeling I'll be seeing it a lot more while I'm clicking around, reading blogs.

      Delete
  8. LOL, it took me a minute to realize what a trailer was; but I agree with what others have said; it is creepy music on it, but it does seem like an interesting plot!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a movie trailer--although "book trailer" could be mistaken for a trailer full of books, which sounds intriguing, as well!

      Delete
  9. The video rocked. The music fits the book. Sounds like this is going to be a great read.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh. Congratulations to Kelly. Reading her bio, she is a dynamo. A very, very active and productive dynamo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exhausted just reading her bio...but she's young and energetic!

      Delete
  11. That's a terrific cover and awesome video!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a great trailer. It's on my blog today too so it's getting a lot of views. Will we all have nightmares tonight? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not! I watched it when they sent it, and it was broad daylight!

      Delete
  13. I am not someone who usually watches book trailers because in all honesty, I find them a bit weird. Aren't trailers meant for movies? Oh well, at least this one was interesting! And I have been hearing quite a lot about the author Kelly Hashway lately which makes me want to check out her books. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that at first, too, Olivia-Savannah. Book trailers have become more popular in recent years--especially now that video marketing is becoming more and more trendy. The theory is that people are more likely to watch a video than to read a description...

      Delete
    2. I suppose that does make a lot of sense! Not everyone is readers like us ^.^

      Delete
  14. Yay for Kelly! It's a treat to see her trailer here! Looking forward to reading this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this one is all over the place today. Which means, good job. I'll have to check it out later when I have a bit more time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Compliments the synopsis very well. Good accompanying music but nothing overdone.
    I'm always worried when I watch book trailers because some authors really don't grasp how to make them effective. This was good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This has been everywhere. I think that must mean I need to buy it. That music is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The does sound really good Stephanie... I have agree, the music sounds creepy and it makes me want to read the book a little more... very cool xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. You picked a good one to do your first trailer reveal for! Top-notch work for an excellent book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So excited for Kelly! Her trailer is awesome! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh nice trailer and love the cover for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Antagonists are fun to create :)

    ReplyDelete