Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Cover Reveal: One Hundred Thirty Stars by Shelley Sly

Today I get to introduce you to a cool new cover from a fellow middle grade author. It's from our blogging friend Shelley Sly.




And now, the cover. One...two...three...


Here it is!




That book cover has "I must read this book" written all over it! One Hundred Thirty Stars is not available on Amazon yet, so I'm linking to it on Goodreads so that you can add it to your to-read list!


Blurb: Eleven-year-old Kelly “Birdie” Knotts has the perfect summer vacation planned: she’s finally going to visit her dad, Arthur. Birdie hardly knows him, but she has high hopes that he’ll be the one family member who understands her.

Too bad her vacation is nothing like she imagined it would be.

Arthur’s plans for their father-daughter visit revolve around a video game convention, where he dresses head-to-toe in costume and makes a boisterous scene every chance he gets. When he isn’t shouting gleefully in the hallways, he’s belting out off-pitch tunes in the karaoke room. Birdie’s new plan? Hide under a rock for life.

It’s impossible for Birdie to get to know Arthur when he insists that he’s a video game character. And if he doesn’t step up and start acting like a dad, it might be game over.


Bio:
Shelley Sly grew up in northern New Jersey, but currently lives in the Washington, D.C. area with her husband and their chocolate lab mix. Three things she's a huge nerd about are children's books, indie music, and RPGs. 

Shelley Sly lives in the Washington, D.C. metro area with her husband and their chocolate lab mix. She writes middle grade novels about friendship, family, and figuring out where you fit in. Shelley is the author of WISHING FOR WASHINGTON, and her brand new release, ONE HUNDRED THIRTY STARS. You can find her online at www.shelleysly.com.

Links:

59 comments:

  1. I read the synopsis on another blog - sounds hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parents have a way of humiliating there children... especially when they are teens... :-)

    It sounds like a cute book ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think teens are way too worried about what their peers think. Glad we grow out of that when we become adults!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! :) Yup, kids and teens are very easily humiliated.

      Delete
  3. Great cover! Congrats, Shelley. I like the little splashes of colour.

    I've also read the synopsis before and agree it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way the blue glasses match the background.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Nick! My cover artist did a great job matching colors.

      Delete
  4. Love the cover. And the premise. Oh, my. No wonder she doesn't know her father very well. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, yeah, her father isn't a typical dad...

      Delete
    2. He sounds like a fun dad to me! Maybe you only appreciate that as you get older, though.

      Delete
  5. Stephanie, thank you so much for participating in my cover reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  6. a great cover and pretty author! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes me feel sorry for that kid and wonder how it will all turn out.
    Nice cover.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, she's in a tough situation...

      Delete
    2. I have a feeling her dad learns time with his daughter is much better than any video game...

      Delete
  8. Awesome cover. I'm sure he'd find her under a rock to embarrass more haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, very true.

      Delete
    2. Isn't that every dad's job? To embarrass their children?!

      Delete
  9. This is a great plot! And can be so typical of a teen wanting her parent to act "normal", not like the dad described here! Best of luck with the book!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty! I appreciate the encouragement!

      Delete
    2. Dads are usually uncool--but this takes it to a new level!

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness...Arthur sounds like my mother. I can always count on her to be crazy!

    Love the cover too. It has a sweet whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny! And thank you!

      Delete
    2. Crazy moms can be the best, though! Only if they're crazy in a FUN way, though.

      Delete
  11. This looks like a really cute book for tweens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The title is very catchy. And it sounds like a fun story. Congratulations, Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like the title!

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a heart-warming story. I'm reminded of "I Am Sam" with Sean Penn and Dakota Fanning, but not as serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm actually not familiar with "I Am Sam," but now I'm curious about it.

      Delete
    2. Sean Penn plays the father of a young girl and he is mentally handicapped. It's a great movie. I think I was reminded of the movie because the young girl obviously loves her father, but he does prove to be a challenge at times! I now want to watch it again! :)

      Delete
  14. Who hasn't wanted to crawl under a rock after something their parents said or did? This sounds like a book which would strike a chord with many people - of all ages.
    Congratulations Shelley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I sure hope readers will relate with Birdie.

      Delete
  15. Sounds like a fun read.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cover! Best of luck with the new release, Shelley.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Shelley! Awesome cover and story sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so cute! Congrats to Shelley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually really like the cover, and it does sound like a promising Middle Grade read! I will definitely suggest it to my little sister, I know she would like this ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, your recommendation means a lot! I hope your sister likes it!

      Delete
  20. Oh my gosh-the poor kid-we can all relate and I love the book cover. It seems like a very sweet and touching story with humour-Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Birgit! I hope readers can relate to my characters.

      Delete
  21. That is a great cover. I'm no expert but there's many a cover that caused me to pick up a book when I wouldn't have touched it based on the plot description. This sounds lovely. I'm thinking once it is in hand, it's going home with someone. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate the kind words!

      Delete
  22. This is a book I would love to have Amara read. She is so lucky to come from a tight knit family and I think books like this sometimes help to remind her just how lucky she really is.

    ReplyDelete