Monday, October 06, 2014

Meet My Character Bloghop

The adorable Kelly Hashway tagged me in the Meet My Character Blog Hop. Here's Kelly:



Kelly is an extremely prolific author of books for teens and children. Check out her books here.

The mission of this blog hop is to introduce your character to the world. Today you'll meet Mia Hartley, the star of this book:



Mia is a spunky girl with a big heart. I chose her because the book isn't out yet so most of the world hasn't met her! Plus I just finished final revisions, so she's fresh in my mind.

1. What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person?
Mia Hartley is a fictional, modern-day girl.

2. When and where is the story set?
The story is set in the present at Stanton Middle School.

3. What should we know about him/her?
Mia has a big heart. She wants to make her parents proud, but she also genuinely wants to help others.

4. What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life?
Every year Mia watches on Valentine's Day as all the popular kids get chocolate roses from admirers. This year she wants the students who never get roses to get them. So she secretly purchases some. She doesn't realize that by doing this, she'll end up playing Cupid long after Valentine's Day has passed.

5. What is the personal goal of the character?
Mostly she just wants her parents to be as proud of her as they are her older sister.

6. Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it?
The book is 25 Roses and you can read more about it on Amazon or my website.

7. When can we expect the book to be published?
25 Roses comes out January 6th, 2015. You can pre-order a signed copy (put in notes what you want it to say) from Parnassus Books or (unsigned) from Amazon or add it to your to-read list on Goodreads.

Now it's time to tag two people. Feel free to ignore the tag if you want, but we'd love to get to know your characters!





Beth is a young adult author who interned for Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Fallon. She writes about writing and life! Check out her blog.





Queen Sheena is the author of the upcoming series The Sacrifice. She writes about life, books, book reviews, and more. Here's her blog.

Oh...and, by the way, if you're a reviewer and a member of Edelweiss, you can get a free digital ARC of 25 Roses for review. Check it out!



39 comments:

  1. Stephanie, your character sounds like a very sweet girl... the kind of girl I want my daughter to be... this book sounds like a perfect fit for her age.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your character reminds me of my goddaughter. Just a very sweet girl. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was nice of her to get roses for others though.
    Know both of those awesome authors you tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the concept of your book. Looking forward to reading it in January. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to meet authors and their characters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if I'm on Mia's list.... Lil' Dezzy never got roses from anyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for developing a character that wants to do the right thing and is concerned about others. There's not enough characters like that in much of the YA literature.

    Are you a middle child, Stephanie?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I smile every time I learn something new about your book. It's just so darn cute and Mia sounds like the sweetest girl, can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you guys! :-) Cherdo, I was the oldest child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like your good-hearted character!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great kid. We need more just like her.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. you write the MG books I wish existed when I was little--Mia sounds like an adorable protagonist. Can't wait to read this! and yay, thank you so much for tagging me!! so excited to do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This really gives a great feeling for your book. Mia might be my next best friend. Is that creepy?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a positive and uplifting character. Wish I had her as a friend in High School

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done. Great way to let prospective readers learn about your characters and your books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mia sounds so cute! I would have liked her for a friend when I was in school :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww. Sounds like such a sweet tale and sweet protagonist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun idea for a blog hop! Mia sounds like a wonderful character! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that Mia is a remarkable young lady and I wish more young girls would have such endearing qualities.

    Good luck with the sales of your new book Stephanie.

    I'm sure it a book I would have loved my daughters to read when they were young.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have really enjoyed her YA series so it was fun to see a younger book of hers. Sounds adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great premise. Sounds like a great character.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great premise. Sounds like a great character.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, I know that first face! Heh! ;) And I can remember those days in school, hoping to get a carnation but knowing I probably wasn't going to. I needed a Mia! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooh. Sweet hop. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is really cool! I love that this links you up with other passionate novelists and also gets you to learn about some of the characters in the books.

    Hopping over right now :)

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. A book about giving and kindness - sounds perfect for young teens. A great message. Reminds me of the award winning book, Wonder. It's all about being kind and both my girls loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your character sounds so sweet and adorable...with great qualities!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This sounds like such a sweet story! Mia sounds like a wonderful character. I've added the book to my TBR shelf. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mia sounds like quite a character indeed! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mia sounds like such an admirable young lady. Stephanie, I love how you create characters which modern day girls can look up to. I enjoyed 30 Days of No Gossip so I will also be looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a lovely character. Sounds like a perfect book for a teen girl to model herself after.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the premise behind this book because V-Day seriously sucks when you don't have a special someone in your life, especially in school when you're the only kid in your class that doesn't receive a gift. What a fun tag!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yes! I was hoping to get tagged. Mia sounds like a sweet girl who just wants to make other people happy as well. I planned to pre-order at the end of the month but this post has made consider trying this week. After all the price is real low on TBD right now. I had three books arrive by mail yesterday including Sky Jumpers 2 by Peggy E. Nothing is better than a book in your hands Especially when it's hardcover. It was a splurge but it's so pretty and captivating. Hopefully I will have a post up by Friday and congrats to my fellow tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice job on the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the concept of this book. Sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sounds like a fascinating story!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Aw, Mia sounds wonderful. I will add your book to my GoodReads list!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I can't wait to read your new book.

    I was tagged too and bookmarked it so I wouldn't forget.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am excited about this book. It sounds like something I would try to do. :-)
    And I kind of did, way back then.

    ReplyDelete