Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Book Launch: Divine Love by Bethany Averie

Today we have a special guest. Bethany Averie is here to talk about her latest release, Divine Love. Here's the beautiful cover:




Divine Love is the first in a series and it releases today! Click here to add it to your to-read list on Goodreads.

Bethany is also the author of All's Fair in Love & Lion, available from Soul Mate Publishing. Below, Bethany tells us a little about her upcoming release and discusses her writing process.

Q: Tell us a little about the plot of your new book, Divine Love.

A:  Divine Love is Book One in my Immortal Dreams Trilogy.  It’s about a girl named Laney Alberts, who during her 2nd semester of her senior year of high school meets Jason Magnus. Jason just happens to be an Immortal (of the Greek gods and goddesses variety). What the two don’t realize is that this isn’t just about a potential prom date. There’s way more at stake. The Pantheon is entrusting the fate of both human and Immortal worlds in their hands.

Book Two, Astral Love, continues the story and you’ll get more information on Jason Magnus’s past and his character. Astral Love is expected to release some time in the Fall of 2014.

Book Three, Immortal Love, will finish out the trilogy, as well as giving the deciding factor on the fate of the Immortal and human worlds. Immortal Love is expected to release some time in the early part of 2015.

Q: This is your second book. Do you find that your experience with your first book, All’s Fair in Love & Lion, prepared you for what to expect with this second release?

A:  A little bit. All’s Fair In Love & Lion was straight fantasy/fairy-tale Romance. My Immortal Dreams Trilogy is New Adult Paranormal Romance. The two are written in different styles. My Romance is first person present tense, while the Trilogy is third-person/past tense (the way a typical book is written). Also, the ages and what’s important to my characters are different. 

Not to mention, when writing the kind of Trilogy Immortal Dreams is it’s a matter of having the storyline span across three books as opposed to each being a standalone.

All’s Fair In Love & Lion is a standalone. I do hope to return to the Third Realm and write at least one or two more novels covering different characters that are introduced in All’s Fair In Love & Lion, but I can’t give any information on that, right now. Everyone will just have to wait and see. 

Q: What has your experience as a published author been like so far? Did anything surprise you about the publishing process?

A:  All’s Fair In Love & Lion came out last year and a lot has happened since, so my memory is a little fuzzy.  But being published is definitely different than being unpublished.  It’s a bit hard to explain. But I’m not complaining. I’m delighted to have a chance to share my stories with others. It’s the main reason I got into writing and publishing.

I guess what surprises me most is when people make a fuss over my work and what I’ve done. I mean, each of my stories holds a special place in my heart—but to find out that others enjoy them and have fun reading them is truly a fantastic experience. I’m humbled and thrilled when a reader likes what I do. It’s wonderful to know my stories don’t just entertain me, but they also entertain other people. That is a real gift to me, and I couldn’t be happier about it.


Q: What is your writing process like? Do you plan your stories out before you write them?

A:  Nowadays I do more planning, but with All’s Fair In Love & Lion, an idea hit me, and I was like “Yes, that’s it! That’s what I want to write!” So I sat down and wrote it. The initial draft took me about a year to finish. 

For the Immortal Dreams Trilogy, it was a different experience. I decided to write in a different style than my Romance.  I still wanted to have romance in my stories, but write in the New Adult or Young Adult genre (This was about 2 years ago, when the New Adult genre was beginning to slowly gain more popularity, it seems to be more established now than it was back then—at least to me, anyway).  I decided to further challenge myself by writing third person past tense.  Since both of these elements were a real change from what I had with my Romance novel, I figured it would be easier for me to fulfill this challenge if I worked off of a story I already started. 

I found the original manuscript pages and worked out ideas of how to rewrite it. Divine Love was born out of that, and I discovered that the story was going to be bigger than one book, so that’s when I decided to write a trilogy.  I approached my publisher with what I was doing, and said that since they publish New Adult and that’s what my story was, they wanted to see it when it was completed. My publisher has been immensely supportive and enthusiastic about my writing, which I’m very grateful for.  I got the novel written and polished up and sent it out to my publisher. Not too long after that I got an email from them offering me a contract. I was told I could either sign it for the one book or for all three. I opted to contract all three and titles were worked out and approved and off we went. (Divine Love took me about 6 months to write, and Book Two, Astral Love took me about 4 or 5 months to write).

Nowadays I like to have some kind of outline. I call myself a “half-in-half” writer—I partially plot and I partially pantser.  It works well for me, because I have a basic outline to guide me, but I still have plenty of room to let my imagination work.

Q: Do you have a favorite writing spot?

A:  Since I don’t have an office, my bed is where I write. No, I’m not joking. I got my laptop set up with a stand and I sit there. Sometimes sit on the couch with my laptop in my lap while I watch TV and work a bit that way, but I don’t work very well in front of the TV, so that doesn’t happen often.

Q: What are you working on now?

A:  I’m working on Book Three of the Immortal Dreams Trilogy, Immortal Love.  Book Two, Astral Love, has already been turned in to my publisher and as I said, is expected to be released in the Fall of 2014. Immortal Love should be coming out sometime in early 2015.


I also have about 4 or 5 books with basic outlines and two other stories partially written. I’m always writing—even if I’m not physically writing, my imagination/brain is usually working on something.




To read more about Bethany, choose one of the links below.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Publisher Page // Goodreads // NWHRWA Profile

68 comments:

  1. Wow, her trilogy will be out in a hurry. Can't imagine cranking out books that fast.
    Bethany, good luck with this one. You're right, it's different when you're published. A LOT different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound interesting, I'm going to mention these to my oldest daughter... she would love them♥

    I haven't published anything yet but I have ideas fri writing all the time...I love getting my thoughts out ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure has a lot on the go and yeah i write on the couch, no TV though as then i'd get distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to Bethany on her book cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm writing on the sofa right now with Netflix streaming in my viewer to the right, Pat. Yeah, it ends up serving as background noise most of the time. I think it's because I grew up with the TV on while I was doing homework. I feel restless if it's just silent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely will read it!
    thanks for sharing!
    Kisses.
    xx cvety
    Amazing look! U are so pretty! Love the shoes!
    Kisses,
    xx cvety
    cvetybaby.com
    Instagram Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing, Stephanie, and best of luck with the release, Bethany! Your series sounds very interesting and I will pass along the information to those within this age group. P.S. Stephanie, I placed my order for 30 Days of No Gossip=) Looking forward to reviewing and sharing with others!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Greek God stories! This one looks awesome! Congrats, Bethany!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, Gina. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent interview. I especially liked the information on the trilogy - I'm getting ready to begin one. Great to meet you Bethany.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean.

    Being published has definitely changed the way I approach writing, what I want to achieve. And I've learned so much that being unpublished couldn't have taught me.

    Love the cover, by the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool. I love when mythology gets mixed in, and genre jumping? Whew! I'm in awe of those who can make the transition smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to Bethany! I'm a bed/couch writer as well. I can't imagine sitting in a hard desk chair for hours...my back would kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grats! Mythology is one of my favorite things to read about. I don't read much romance though, so we'll see.

    Releasing 3 books with that quick of turn-around? Wow, impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to write on my bed, too. I still don't have an office, but I moved my writing spot.

    Sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a sweet, romantic cover. :) Happy release, Bethany! LOL on "this isn't just about a potential prom date." That's great, and the books sound like they have interesting plots. And hey, writing on your bed at least must be comfy, eh? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The books sound very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cover! Congrats, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Stephanie and Bethany,

    Great interview, both questions and answers, entertaining and informative.

    I'm not so sure this is a series I would enjoy, although I am certain that it will WOW! the YA market!

    My laptop is set up in the office at home and it is from here that I write all my posts and reply to comments. I always have intentions of reading just a little more of my book in bed, but by the time I finally 'power off' the computer, it's game over and the bed looks good for only one thing ..... Sleeping!

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice! Thanks for letting us know about this book and author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, I enjoyed reading yur blogs, Following your blog :)
    Do visit mine at http://www.ananyatales.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Stephanie and Bethany. Readers to find what's special about our writing, which helps us write more focused stories.

    Can't imagine writing in a bed all the time, but whatever works, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  23. No TV for me while writing. I become completely hypnotized by the screen, unable to tear myself away.

    Congrats, Bethany - the cover looks great and the trilogy sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Impressive and so much you have already written. When one is so creative the imagination is endless. Great interview and so fast to get things published.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm thinking my daughter might like these books. I'm trying to encourage more reading and less computer!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sounds so interesting! Maybe I'll add it to my pile books to read during the summer... Gotta finish TFIOS first, though:P
    xo Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wishing Bethany the best of luck! I like the sound of the stories and I am a big fan of mythology, so I will have to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wishing Bethany the best of luck! I like the sound of the stories and I am a big fan of mythology, so I will have to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Alex J. Cavanaugh--This is the fastest I've ever written a novel LOL Thank you for your comments and well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Launna--Oh thank you! If you or your daughter reads them I hope you/she enjoys them. Thank you for your kind thoughts and best wishes on your writing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Pat Hatt--Having a lot going on keeps me out of trouble LOL But I usually only have the TV on when I'm watching a show I can't miss...like when I got into watching Meryl and Maks dancing on DANCING WITH THE STARS...or ONCE UPON A TIME, but generally other shows I have to catch the next day online. I'm a wife and a Mama so I don't always get to have the TV. But that's okay. :-) Thank you for dropping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  32. DEZMOND--Thank you so much! I forgot to let Stephanie know the release date got pushed back, I'm so embarrassed, but it's either releasing later this week or sometime next week--but it's coming soon! Thank you for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cvetina Cekova--Thank you so much for your kind thoughts! When it releases (either later this week or sometime next week--supposed to be out no later than June 25th) I hope you enjoy it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gina Stoneheart--Thank you so much! It's New Adult so generally 18 and up.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Meradeth Houston--Aww, thanks! When it releases (either later this week or sometime next week--publisher said by June 25th) I hope you enjoy it. It's been fun to put my own spin on Greek/Roman gods and goddesses, and I hope others enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it. Thank you for dropping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Carol Kilgore--Thank you so much, I appreciate you dropping by and your kind comments. I wish you the absolute best on your writing your trilogy. It's not easy, but it definitely gives you a chance to do something different and interesting with writing. Again, thank you for dropping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. It does sound like an interesting plot for the trilogy! Best of luck to the author on it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  38. Misha Gericke--Thank you so much for the cover love! When I saw it I went crazy with joy. The cover artist, Fiona Jayde, did an incredible job. I love her work.

    I appreciate your dropping by and comments! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Kristin Smith--Technically it's not been good for my back, but I'm a creature of habit, so the likelihood of me writing in the computer chair at a table/desk are slim. Guess I'll just have to keep hearing my doctors' lectures. Maybe one day I'll listen. Hmmm. LOL Thank you for dropping by and for you comments! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Loni Townsend--If you do decide to read it, I hope you'll enjoy it. There's A LOT of different elements in it. Romance is part of it, yes, but there's adventure, humor, suspenseful moments, magic, and movie/musical references, plus a big ole Maine Coon cat named Fezzik. Either way, thank you so much for your kind words and for stopping by. I truly do appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Liz A. -- Yeah, I should move to a table or desk...I'm a creature of habit so the likelihood that I do that is slim. LOL Thank you so much for your kind words and for dropping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Carol Riggs--Thanks so much! I love these characters and the book so much and the cover art just makes me so happy(Fiona Jayde is a master with covers!)

    Writing on the bed can be very comfy...especially if I prop up the pillows lean back with a blanket, set the laptop on my lap and type that way. LOL

    Thank you again for dropping by and commenting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beth--Thank you so much! If you decide to read them I hope you enjoy them. Thank you for dropping by and commenting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Cherie Reich said--Thank you! I LOVE the cover--actually I have the cover art for all three books, but I'm not revealing the other two just yet.

    Thank you so much for your kind words and for dropping by. I appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yvonne@fiction-books--Actually it's not YA, it's New Adult (NA) because of some of the situations--college, and something else that bumps it into NA.

    Thank you for the cover art love! Fiona Jayde is an amazing cover artist.

    Thank you for dropping by and commenting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  46. J.L. Campbell--Yes, readers do like to find out more about authors (I know because I'm not just an author, I'm also a reader, and the wonderful thing is some of my favorite authors I got to know personally and that's such a special gift for me as a writer and a reader). Thank you for dropping by and commenting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  47. The Silver Fox--Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Crystal Collier--Thank you so much!

    As to genre jumping, I'm always interested in a variety of things so it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Some stuff took getting used to, but when I write the story plays out in my head and if I'm really into it (like I was with ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE & LION and this Trilogy) then it's pretty easy.

    If you decide to read it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

    Thank you for dropping by and commenting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Jocelyn Rish -- Yeah, I don't write in front of the TV too often for the reason I get involved with what's on the TV, but once in a while.

    Thank you so much for the cover art love--Fiona Jayde is an amazing cover artist.

    The Trilogy is definitely an interesting thing for me, but being the author of it, that might sound biased LOL.

    Thank you for dropping by and commenting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Birgit--Thank you very much! I'm actually working on Book Three at the moment, and plan to have it turned in to my publisher by the Fall. It's certainly been an interesting ride writing these books--but also a lot of fun. I've fallen in love with the characters.

    Thank you for dropping by and commenting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Liz Berg--I don't know how old your daughter is, but I will give a heads up that it is in the New Adult genre, which is typically people either in college or getting ready for college (in the case of my Trilogy, they're in the 2nd semester of senior year of high school, thinking of college, the future, more involved relationships that are more lasting, and sex).

    However, I DEFINITELY encourage reading! Anytime someone tells me they love to read it makes me so happy!

    Thank you so much for dropping by and for your kind comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Olivia--Thank you so much! And no worries, my TBR (To Be Read) pile keeps getting bigger and bigger! LOL Best wishes on what you're working on.

    Thank you for dropping by and commenting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Jess@Fairday's Blog--Thank you so much! Book One is either releasing some time later this week or next week. Based on what I was told it should be out by June 25th.

    Thank you so much for your kind words and for dropping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Stephanie Faris:

    I want to thank you very much for having me (sorry you're the last one I'm responding to, I wanted to make sure I didn't forget anybody, although there was one or two comments I thought were directed more to you than me, so I left them for you).

    I appreciate you having me and I apologize that I didn't tell you about the release date being pushed back. This week and last week have been so crazy. Last week offspring got sick and I had a hypoglycemic attack earlier that week, now Husband is sick and I'm trying NOT to get it! I'm starting to wonder which way is up. LOL

    I appreciate all your support over the years and I wish you the absolute best with this blog, your novels, sales, and career. Keep rocking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  55. To anyone I may have missed:

    I apologize if I missed your comment, I appreciate all the kind words and interest in my writing. You all have made my day--I needed this!

    Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by and comment. I'm very touched and flattered. You put a smile on my face.

    Keep on rocking and smiling!

    All my best,
    Bethany Averie

    ReplyDelete
  56. Yvonne Ventresca--Thank you so much Yvonne! Fiona Jayde is the cover artist and she does amazing work!

    Thank you for dropping by and commenting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Betty--Thank you so much, I appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  58. It is nice to know about a wonderful writer!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Weekend-Wind Up--Thank you so much, that's so sweet of you to say.

    Thank you for dropping by and commenting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  60. I mean, each of my stories holds a special place in my heart—but to find out that others enjoy them and have fun reading them is truly a fantastic experience. I guess that's the one thing every writer wants, right? But are still surprised when it happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Kirsty-Marie Jones--Definitely. As a writer, it makes my day when someone says they like something I wrote. It's what I always hope for whenever anyone comes across something I write.

    Thank you for dropping by and commenting. I appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  62. I want to read that book! Sounds so interesting!
    thanks for sharing!
    xx cvety
    cvetybaby.com
    Instagram Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  63. Ohh, that sounds like a book I'd enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  64. Cvetina Cekova--Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy it when it releases, which is either sometime this week or next week.

    Thank you so much for dropping by and for your kind words. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  65. J. Lenni Dorner--Oh, thank you! I hope you enjoy it. It'll either be out this week or next (it's not out quite yet).

    I appreciate you coming by and commenting. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  66. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete