Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A is for Apocalypse Cover Reveal

It's an exciting day on my blog. First, Corinne is graciously hosting me at Everyday Gyaan today. I'm writing about my process. Click on the pretty picture below to go there.



Second, I'm participating in the cover reveal for Rhonda Parrish's new book, A is for Apocalypse. The A to Z Challenge was the perfect warm-up to this book, since A is for Apocalypse also tackles each letter of the alphabet in a very interesting way. Here's the cover. It just looks like a book you wouldn't be able to put down.




What do you do when you take 26 amazing writers, randomly assign them a letter of the alphabet, and give them complete artistic freedom within a theme?



A is for Apocalypse contains twenty-six apocalyptic stories written by both well-known and up-and-coming writers. Monsters, meteors, floods, war–the causes of the apocalypses in these tales are as varied as the stories themselves.

This volume contains work by Ennis Drake, Beth Cato, Kenneth Schneyer, Damien Angelica Walters, K. L. Young, Marge Simon, Milo James Fowler, Simon Kewin, C.S. MacCath, Steve Bornstein and more!



Rhonda is giving away three Advanced Reader Copies of A is for Apocalypse via Rafflecopter. Visit her site for more details.

24 comments:

  1. I hope one of the letters addresses pandemics. :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a great looking cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover, adding it to my tbr list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I am thinking of all the things B could stand for? And money bets Z is for zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of it, so thank you for sharing! :)

    ashley-ashstash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks riveting! Thanks for sharing the contest. You are so generous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great things to write about. I'll follow the pretty picture over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your lovely article, Stephanie!

    That cover looks fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun book! I'll go hop over an visit you at the other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. there is always something intriguing about apocalypse... I watch all shows and films on it

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for being a part of this cover reveal, Stephanie. I really appreciate it! :)

    FWIW in the anthology series B is for Broken and I'm 99% sure that Z is *not* for Zombies. That's just too easy LoL. (Within A is for Apocalypse in the Z story, Z is not for zombies ;))

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cover looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful to showcase the book and it looks like it would be a fun read...what would X be for? Great cover and will readup more too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fun and intriguing book! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love the idea for the apocalyptic short stories. Added to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an interesting idea for a book! Seems like a lot of good comes out of the A-Z Blogging Challenge!

    Stephanie, I read your article about writing. I'm glad to meet another pantser like me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. very interesting topic for sure--cool cover!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks so awesome and it has a great theme. The cover reminds me of The A-Team. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha, looks like an entertaining read.

    And you are right with the title--after last month's effort by all you courageous writers, I immediately thought of A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh it could be interesting, I love stories like that. Thanks for sharing the cover.javascript:void(0)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks awesome! Rhonda always has such interesting projects on the go.

    The more time that passes, the more grateful I am that I joined the A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea for a compilation.

    ReplyDelete